Friday, February 11, 2011

Super Stalkers

Have you ever noticed how long we spend on websites such as, let's say....Facebook, Twitter....Google? And what do we do on these websites? STALK PEOPLE! You want to know if someone is dating or just broke up? Facebook! You want to know someone's every move...or next move? Twitter! You want to know the latest celeb to get arrested or go to rehab or who that one guy in Burlesque is - who ultimately you want to stalk, meet, and marry? Google (IMDB)!

Really. Think about it. These are legal forms of stalking at the press of a button and, ahem, let's face it...you're doing it right now because you find what I am thinking about more intriguing than say getting off the computer, putting down the Haagen Dazs and going to the gym! (Perhaps we should add Blogger to the list?) The hours we spend actively seeking out information about the lives of people we will never meet, never talk to or haven't talked to in years from afar when without these wonderful websites we would never know the day to day happenings unless we....oh, I don't know, actually talk to them; it's really more than a bit ridiculous. But we all do it. Trying to deny it is pointless. It's okay, we're all with you. Phrases like "Facebook me!", "Guess who wrote on my wall?!", "Listen to what I just Tweeted.", and - my personal favorite - "Let's creep!" have entered our daily vernacular to pervade every facet of our lives, relationships....or lack thereof.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is with the advancement of technology, the age of computers and social networking we have all gained superhero powers. We're a group that I would like to call....Super Stalkers.

7 comments:

  1. I cant help but to think I inspired this blog, you're welcome.

    p.s. when you need to know info about someone who do you go to? me, because I'm the best. It's not curse its a talent, I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but to think I inspired this blog, you're welcome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you gotta change this font i feel like i'm tripping acid when i read this

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post and i already love this blog! can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know a couple of these Super Stalkers : ) You starting a blog is very exciting! I can't wait to read what is in that curious mind of yours!

    ReplyDelete